Join Our Team
V.P. of Technology Transfer and Technology Transfer Specialist (multiple positions open)
We are looking for a gifted, ethical and passionate individual that is interested and excited about devoting him or herself to ensuring that our clients find and acquire the new technologies they need to grow their businesses, and as a result, improve the quality of life and create lasting value.
Responsible for the review, evaluation and licensing of university discoveries and intellectual properties for our clients. Creating and maintaining pivotal, productive relationships between researchers world-wide and our corporate clients is key to ensuring that essential new technologies reach the marketplace and customers are delighted. Working with internal and external experts, the Managing Director facilitates the process of bringing new discoveries to market by: evaluating the new invention and technology disclosure, creating a market-ready report, working with and inspiring our commercial partners, drafting contract terms with in-house counsel and most importantly, closing the deal working in concert with our sales team.
• Ph. D. in physical sciences, life sciences, electrical engineering or computer science preferred
• MBA or strong technology transfer transaction history required
Minimum Related Experience:
• Five years in technology transfer, licensing, investing, business development or related fields. Longer experience preferred.
• Completion of ten or more technology transfers (deal sheet required)
Minimum Certification Requirements:
• Certified Licensing Professional (CLP) preferred but not required
• High energy, positive attitude and enthusiastic about working in an entrepreneurial company
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship management, team player interested in team-building.
• Can do approach, ethical and very hardworking (driven)
• Knowledge of scientific concepts and attributes required for commercialization.
• Knowledgeable regarding licensing of university technologies, business development and technology transfer.
• Excellent written, oral communication and presentation.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet client deadlines no matter what.
Highly competitive compensation including stock options and performance bonuses. We view this as a once in a career opportunity for the right person.
To apply, please submit a cover letter stating as to why feel you are a good fit for the position, C.V., deal sheet and three references that could be contacted at a future date. Please send responses to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regional Sales Associates (multiple positions open)
Tekcapital is seeking full-time and part-time regional sales associates in the U.K., Europe, Asia and North America.
Individuals must have a successful sales track record and vibrant network of CEO’s to originate and close consulting engagements with senior managers of successful companies (Global 1000 and rapidly growing technology firms). If you are highly intelligent, articulate and are able to build meaningful, long-term relationships with business leaders, we would like to speak with you. Please submit your CV, a list of consulting sales originated and closed in the last 24 months and an introductory note explaining why you think you would be a good fit with Tekcapital.
Please send responses to email@example.com.
Science Advisors (multiple positions open)
Are you a recognized leader in your field of engineering, medicine or technology?
Tekcapital is seeking to expand its Science Advisory Board with individuals that have deep knowledge in their discipline and are able to rapidly evaluate a new technology to determine its scientific veracity and potential usefulness. The position is an on-going, part-time consulting engagement and provides competitive hourly remuneration plus stock options.
If you would like to be considered, please forward your CV and a paragraph describing your technical specialty and consulting experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Expert technology sourcing from 4,000+ universities & research laboratories across 160 countries
Scientific Screening of Technology Acquisition Candidates
Intellectual property filtered by our leading experts to ensure relevance and fit with your goals
Objective Analysis of New Technologies
Comprehensive scientific and business review to determine the market potential of new technologies
Technology Transfer Placement Services
Providing knowledgeable and experienced technology transfer professionals for universities and corporations